Uganda Technical College – Bushenyi was founded in 1956 as Kahaya Memorial Rural Trade School by the then Ankole Kingdom Government. It was enrolling primary six leavers to train in Carpentry and Joinery and Bricklaying. later in 1958, courses that included Leather Turning and Shoe Making, Pottery and Ceramics were introduced.
In 1974, it was elevated to Kahaya Technical School and in 1982 upgraded to Bushenyi Technical Institute with a standard entry requirement of O’level. In 1984, the College was further elevated to a technical college and renamed Uganda Technical College Bushenyi admitting both O’ and A’level students.
Uganda Technical College Bushenyi is under the direct supervision of Technical, Vocational Education Training Operations and Management (TVET O&M), a department in the Ministry of Education and Sports.
- Serving World of Work
- Equal Opportunities
- Competence Based